PR & MARKETING MANAGER
Position available now
- A talented storyteller with expertise ‘on what’s new and now’; adept at developing effective ways of promoting our festival and its programmes.
- Minimum 2 years experience and record of achievements
- Demonstrated ability to lead a cohesive team for achievement with strong administrative skills including Word, Excel, scheduling and budgeting
- Professional arts sector experience & management (working knowledge of the arts sectors within Penang & Malaysia would be an added advantage)
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment
Job Description —
Managing the marketing of the company’s festivals/events, its public relations strategy and the delivery of social media campaigns which create enhanced branding and reach-out for the festivals and its events:
- To create a ‘corporate’ marketing strategy and implementation plan, working with the programmes department and to identify opportunities for brand enhancement.
- To deliver marketing campaigns for all promotional areas in partnership with the relevant departments and ensure relevant coordination across the festival team.
- To manage of the marketing budget including seeking opportunities for increased external support such as media partners.
- To work with and lead the design team to develop marketing collaterals for the festivals/events
- To take responsibility for external PR & Marketing events and maximizing opportunities for communications activities
- To identify press opportunities to promote the festivals/events and the Festival Director.
- To keep a record of press communications activity including the monitoring of the festival press coverage
- To develop corporate messages such as press releases and to disseminate them effectively
- To be responsible for all social media activity (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) and managing the festivals’ social media accounts
- To work with the marketing & programme teams to support campaigns and initiatives
- To seek opportunities to improve the use of social media and develop followers
Job Information —
- Monthly salary commensurate with experience and talent; from RM3,500; + full staff benefits upon confirmation
- Contract type: full time employment
- Reports to Festival Director & Festival Manager
- Location: Penang