FINANCE & ADMIN MANAGER
- At least three years’ experience in key facets of financial management such as developing and maintaining budgets and cash flows, overseeing creditors and debtors, and statutory compliance
- Formal qualifications in financial management or equivalent
- Proficient in the accounting software (UBS)
- Good IT skills with strong knowledge of Excel and Word
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Ability to work confidentially, with tact and discretion
Job Description —
The primary role of the Finance & Admin Manager:
- To ensure that all financial management including statutory compliance systems are in place and adhered to
- To ensure that the appropriate financial infrastructure is in place to support the provision of the Festival secretariat’s services to its staff, business partners and the general partner
Financial tasks to include:
- Providing and interpreting financial information to management, while recommending further courses of action
- Monitoring and interpreting cash flows and predicting future trends
- Analyse costs, pricing, variable contributions, and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans
- Developing financial management mechanisms that minimise financial risk
- Conducting reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities
- Managing a company’s financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems
- Liaising with auditors to ensure annual monitoring is carried out
- Developing external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. auditors, solicitors, bankers and statutory organisations such as the Inland Revenue
- Producing accurate financial reports to specific deadlines;
- Managing budgets
- Supervising staff
- Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
Admin tasks to include
- Further develop the company’s human resources and administration, enhancing professional development, compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, training, and recruiting.
- Ensure that recruiting processes are consistent and streamlined.
- Establish and manage a comprehensive training program to educate employees regarding staff tools, policies, and procedures.
- Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants.
- Working closely with government offices to facilitate the submission and approval of pertinent permits and other government documents for the organisation of events
Job Information —
- Monthly salary commensurate with experience and talent; from RM3,000-4,000; + full staff benefits upon confirmation
- Contract type: full time employment
- Reports to Festival Director
- Location: Penang